What is the Solar Plexus Chakra?
The Solar Plexus Chakra, or Manipura (from Sanskrit meaning “lustrous gem” ) is located in the upper belly at the diaphragm, think right above the belly button. It is the third of the main chakras in the body, and the last physical/earthbound chakra. It glows yellow and is connected to digestion.
This is the seat of personal power, confidence, self esteem. Manipura is associated with the element of fire. Thinking of fire and it’s archetypal qualities, this chakra is also the center of transformation, and physically, that fire is connected to metabolism.
Imbalances in this chakra are expressed through lethargy, over-eating, an inability to make decisions, lack of direction, and being quick to anger. Do you feel powerless in any aspect of your life? Or do you have an excessive need to control situations or outcomes? Helplessness and insecurity are also signs of an unbalanced solar plexus chakra.
When balanced, one exudes arrogant-less confidence. They have a sense of purpose and the motivation to achieve that purpose. You know, a real go getter :)
Connect and Balance your Solar Plexus Chakra
Alright Friends, it’s Breath of Fire time. it’s time to wake up the diaphragm and build some heat in the body.
This breathing technique always reminds me of Ghostbusters. You know, when Dana has been possessed by the gatekeeper and she starts panting…. It’s NOT that, haha! But that is what I think of :)
- To practice, start seated. Sit up tall with a long spine.
- You will be breathing in and out of the nose. The effort of this breath is on the exhale. The inhale will just happen. But you will rapidly breathe in and out, and with each exhale the navel is actively pulled in towards the spine.
- Your breath will be fast and loud.
See what I mean about the Ghostbusters reference???
With this breath, if you are new to it, start with maybe a minute or two of practice. It is normal to feel a little lightheaded or even giddy. So start small and build over time.
We are capable of rewiring our thought patterns. It simply takes focus and energy. So here are some simple affirmations for the Solar Plexus chakra. Take what works for you and leave the rest-
- I am confident and powerful.
- I am capable of facing challenges.
- I am courageous.
- I create positive change in my life.
- I am aligned with my purpose.
- I radiate with confidence.
- I already have all of the tools I need to succeed.
- I believe in myself.
- I only need validation from me.
- I have much to offer the world.
- I accept myself as I am.
- I live authentically because I deserve to take up my space.
MOVE YOUR BODY…
Exercise is a great way to get into this chakra. Personally, testing and pushing my physical strength automatically resulted in more confidence. Getting out weights or stepping up to a barbell was a great way to get into this energy center for me.
There are a number of yoga poses to get into the Solar Plexus Chakra as well.
SHOP THE STORE FOR STONES
Yellow stones can be used to meditate on the Solar Plexus Chakra, such as Citrine, Imperial Topaz, and Amber. Tiger’s Eye is also a great option for getting into this fire center.
Leave a comment